Monday, March 28, 2011

Aling Luring’s House

As I sat alone on one of the chairs, I felt one with the darkened room. I could feel that familiar texture just as I did the first time I sat on this chair. The smooth curve that lets you slide so that your butt fits into a comfortable position. Those holes created by the crisscrossing rattan slats that formed goose bumps protrusions on your butt. What I really feel most is that I am comfortable. Just like you are home. Tonight that's just what I feel I AM HOME AGAIN.

As I scanned the room, the light and shadow formed figures of people standing, sitting and some reclining. I could hear familiar voices chatting with each other, some whispering their blues away and others breaking into boisterous but pure and joyous laughter. Yes, voices of people I've come to love and become friends with. If only these walls could talk, surely they'd tell me the many endearments, appreciations, hopes, dreams and even sadness my friends and I shared.

Well, time really is sometimes brutal. It tells you, good things end too. But I believe time will tell, when all these memories will come to life again. Maybe in some other place or perhaps back here in Aling Luring's house.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful entry indeed!

    How I wish I could play with words the way you do :-D

    ReplyDelete