Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom

When I told you that you will go up the stage and pin me some medals on my high school graduation, you were a joy to behold.

Shocked.

Disbelief.

Skeptical.

But your eyes gave you away. I saw a smile. I saw happiness and real belief that I was not pulling your leg. I saw you were proud of me. Even though those medals were not major ones, I felt you were one with me in my success.

I guess that's just the way mothers are. Major or minor achievements don't matter. What matters most is the achiever, who for nine months shared everything with her.

I know I caused you troubles too but I know deep within you love is stronger far than those.

I wish time will come soonest that I can date you more, laugh with you more and spend time with you more. The most important woman in my life, Mom!

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments: