Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad (Happy Father's Day!)

A few months before I was to graduate from high school I had one of the most memorable conversations with my father. Memorable because time was not a consideration.  Memorable because we talked of so many things I thought he would have no interest in. Memorable because it was a conversation between men, not between a father and a son but of close buddies. I wished then that time won't set in but instead I got a better deal, memories of that moment etched in my heart.

We talked about life. We talked about sports. We talked about family and friends. We talked about anything and everything under the sun. It was the day my childish fear of my father turned into reverence and love. The child has now grown into a mature friend. 

The experience you have with your father affects the way you look at God. Its true. Horror stories about daddies who are monsters are but an appendix of the whole book of true fathers. Let us pray that God equip them with fidelity and love, shield them from the deception of pride and laziness and help them breakthrough the barriers of a stagnant relationship into a creative and joyful one. You'll know there's a true father in the house when God is big in the hearts of his children. Salute'!

No comments:

Post a Comment