Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cholet...best mom ever!


"Our span is seventy years and eighty for those who are strong.."(Psalm 90:10). Ever since I have read this verse it always pops up every time I see celebrations of birthday. Every time I see old couples enjoying each other's company. Every time I read youth wasted on mere crap. And then I look at myself. The kind of life I have, had and will have. The many times and moments spent wisely or otherwise. Indeed the meaning, the challenge, the luster of the verse came in different hues as I aged.

Life is so awesome yet the strongest among us could only enjoy it in that much a time. There are so many things life is offering. If only we move our life with the right attitude every possibility is reachable. Our life span is not the problem. Time is not the problem. Life is not discriminating. Our approach to life will spell the difference between all of us.

Those who stop to smell the roses are those who are full of awareness of the world, of nature, of life. Fully alive. Fully human. Awareness creates better attitude.

Today my mother, Ma. Consuelo Castro de Ocampo, celebrates her 74th birthday! Still very strong. Still very actively participating in the activities of her group in the parish. Still goes to mass everyday. If ever there was an influence my mother had on us, hands down, it is her religiosity. She too never forgets birthdays and anniversaries of which she offers mass intentions. She is the queen of our kitchen. She not only cooks and bakes she makes you love to eat what she cooks and bakes. I love the way she bakes brazos de mercedez. I love it when she cooks bam-i. There are so many things I love about her. Of course she's no saint but she has been the best mother we ever had. I still owe you more dates alone with you. I know you're strong. I can still make up for time. Happy birthday Mama!

5 comments:

  1. Well written, well said.

    I can feel how much you love your mom! Happy birthday to her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's was a touching message. i was touche for this letter of you for your mother!

    i feel you're a good son, friend and companion....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt your writings. How I wish I could say the same to my father or mother.

    ReplyDelete