Monday, December 17, 2012

Bye for now!



i miss my tatay!!my best friend!my best adviser!best teacher i ever met..
i miss the super food trips,super tawanan,super kwentuhan,super laag na di alam kung saan pupunta..
i just miss you sir..;(
Unlike ·  · October 14, 2011 at 2:09am ·

The last post she wrote in her Facebook to me.

She was just among the many faces I met and taught in the Department of Hospitality Management (DHM) in the College of Commerce in one of the premier colleges in Cebu City. She belonged to the first batch of students taking Hotel & Restaurant Management of the newly opened DHM, where I was one of the pioneering faculty. As a newly opened department, we were on the look out for promising students, to help us out, raise awareness to the department. She was one of those I recognized, with great potential. 

As it turned out she was. 

And more.

We became friends.

She shared more of her life to me than me sharing mine to her. She was a fun loving person, free spirited, and with a shade of "probinsyana" in her. Sometimes though, the little girl in her, would dominate. However, deep within her, lies a strong willed woman. A woman with big dreams. A woman who knows her stature in life was not along the margins but among the big leagues. She was willing to go through tough times, even through tough people.

I was just so proud to have her as my friend. I was so proud of her as the daughter I never had. I promised her I'll flew her to Manila as one of the bridesmaid in my wedding.

My wedding will push through but without her as bridesmaid. I won't be flying her to Manila. Instead, He flew her to Him, the Bridegroom of all bridegrooms, in heaven.

Dee, I know you're happy now. I know you're more beautiful and heavenly as His bridesmaid than you will be in my wedding. I know I'll miss you. However, let me say, bye for now, for I know one day will meet again. Bye for now, because I will never forget you in my heart.

(In memory of Diana Doquesa +Sept. 27, 1991-Dec. 16, 2011)



2 comments:

  1. Sir Henry, this is really heartfelt. I am sorry about this. I know Diana was more than happy to have you as the second father in her life. On the short time I knew her, she considered you as one of her blessings to her life. To Diana, thanks for being such a wonderful person and we still miss you.

    ReplyDelete