Saturday, December 14, 2013

i love being a father

When I brought home a trophy, I saw my dad's face glow with pride. I will never forget that moment. He placed it among his awards, from his work, in our display cabinet. Although I received other awards from then on, it was this moment that really etched in my mind and in my heart. Even up to now, as I write this blog, I still see that glow as if it just happened now.

I have a confession to make though, I forgot all about this happy moment for the longest time. It is only until now that the memory flashed back in my mind, that I understood what my dad felt then. It is innate in a father that pure appreciation for his child's achievement. It really does not matter whether the achievement be great or small, what really matters is the winner.

Today my son posted in his facebook timeline, the medals he won in their school's intrams. My face glowed with pride and joy. Now I know why my dad's face glowed with pride. The glow in his face was not about the trophy. He was proud of me. It was not the trophy he wanted to display, it was me that he wanted to display forever in his heart.

I love my Oriel! I am proud of you! Go ahead son, achieve your dreams.

Oh the perks of fatherhood...I LOVE IT!

                                                                            champion medal and mythical 3 medal
                                               
                                                                             my son (in white) and teammates

No comments:

Post a Comment